Wednesday 30 January 2013

OOTD:: The First Signs Of Spring!

Morning guyssss! I thought I'd show you the outfit I managed to pull together today for a 9am start at uni (definitely not a morning person). I actually bought this 'fairisle-but-not-fairisle' patterned cardigan in the January sales online from H&M for only £15 (reduced from £24.99) which I thought was a pretty good buy considering I was on this ridiculous Christmassy clothing hype after Christmas haha! It's super warm and cosy but it sheds like mad when you first wear it so I need to remember to wash this separately from all my other clothes!! And I was actually not too sure about this cardigan at first because I guess you could say it looks a little 'granny-ish' but I think it's one of those pieces that you learn to love and I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on! So I guess I'll just have to rock it as a super granny!! :p 

I'm not usually a hat person because I can't stand hat hair, but I fell in love with this 'trilby' hat which has some cute studded detailing (kind of like a studded belt wrapped around the top) and I also bought this from the January sales from New Look for £6. 

I literally lived in knitted scarves throughout the whole of Novemeber, December and January (pretty much the whole of winter!) and this scarf is definitely one of my favourites because it is super duper warm and one of my best buys of all time! It retails for £13.90 from Forever 21 but I grabbed it for only £3.74!! It just makes it even more amazing than it already is haha ;p

I got most of the things that I'm wearing from the January sales (or just on sale in general) so I'm not sure if they're still available. I know that Forever 21 tends to restock a lot of their scarves and accessories etc but otherwise, I'm sure you could find something similar to the more basic pieces (like the shirt and high-waisted shorts!).









Studded trilby hat: New Look
Fairisle cardigan: H&M
Gold tipped shirt: New Look Teens
High-waisted shorts: New Look Teens
Knitted scarf: Forever 21
Leggings: H&M
Fringe bag: Republic
Brown booties: Primark

Oh! Here's a tip to all you New Look lovers, if you're usually a UK size 8-10, take a look at their teens "Generation 915" section because they often sell the same items in adult and teen sizes but I find that the '14-15 years' fits the same as a UK 8 and they're usually about £5 cheaper too. I've even brought t-shirts in '10-11 years'! So you can save yourself a fiver  (and grab some McDs) and feel petite haha it's gotta be done when you're a uni student on a budget and constantly cramming down junk food! 

I hope you're all having a lovely day and thanks for reading! Love you guiseeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment