Sunday 10 February 2013

MUA:: Undressed Palette (Urban Decay's Naked Palette Dupe)

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year my lovelies! May this year be super happy and super lucky for you, and may you be showered with red pockets of course! ;)

A few months ago, I came across a palette from MUA which could be considered as a 'dupe' for Urban Decay's Naked palette as the colours are so similar - but this palette is only a small fraction of the price. The 12 colours (Shades 1-12) from the Undressed Palette correspond almost exactly like the 12 shades from the Naked Palette (i.e. Shade 1 is similar to Virgin, Shade 2 is similar to Sin etc). However, the Urban Decay's Naked Palette retails for £36 in Debenhams and House of Fraser, whereas MUA's Undressed Palette retails for only £4 in Superdrug (that's 1/8 of the price!!)!

Although there is a mixture of matt shades and shimmery shades, I have to admit that the matt shades were almost impossible to swatch and at one point, I actually thought I'd have to hit pan on Shades 1 and 3 before getting the colour to show up on my skin. On the up side, the shimmery shades are very pigmented which is always amazing! :) 





TOP: Shades 1, 2 and 3
BOTTOM: Shades 7, 8 and 9

TOP: Shades 4, 5 and 6
BOTTOM: Shades 10, 11 and 12

Swatches: Shades 1-6


Shades 7-12


Even if you might have a bit of trouble with Shades 1 and 3, you can make up for that with all the other gorgeous shades in the palette. I've already worn a couple of the eyeshadows and they last all day long without primer! For £4, I would definitely recommend grabbing one if you can't really justify spending £36 on a little bit of make up. I'm still contemplating as to whether or not I should purchase the Naked 2 palette because the colours are a little more me (hint to my lovely boyfriend!!).


I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know if any of you have tried out this baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment